Thursday, November 17, 2011

Planting Trees Is Hard Work

A couple of weeks ago Trevor and Big K worked all morning preparing the two holes we were going to need to plant our new trees. It was precious to me watching my boys work really hard together. I appreciate Trevor for letting his little three-year-old son who can either A. get in the way or B. ask a million questions, work with him as if he was his right-hand man!




When I look at this picture it makes me think of our adoption and little Kohen. We are working so diligently preparing our home for him. My hand is now stronger than it ever was filling out thousands of papers. We are spending countless hours reading blogs and textbooks and binders on issues regarding adoption, especially transracial adoptions. Trevor (and Big K) both came in utterly exhausted from digging out the dirt for 5 hours! At this point, I am spent. I'm tired of all of the paperwork, the reading, the thinking, the praying, the wondering, the crying. But just like Trevor knew that he had to do all of the prep work in order to allow the beautiful tree to survive, I too know that this must all be done for our little +1 to have a loving home filled with the love of Jesus and oh how worth it it will be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment