Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lubbock Trip

Raise your hand if you know when I went to Lubbock last. Ok, you that raised your hand. Let's keep it a secret when I went and let's pretend it was just yesterday! Sorry for just now getting the Lubbock trip posted. This last week was one of the busiest weeks I've had so therefore the fun, extra post just had to wait! And sorry for the poor picture quality. Trev keeps saying since I'm an official "blogger" now, I need to get an official camera that actually takes quality pictures ;-)

A couple of weeks ago the kids and I went to Lubbock for the week. I had a women's conference in Amarillo (which was outstanding) so my folks met me there to get my kids and watch them for the night. I then drove down there and stayed a few days since Trevor was on a business trip in Austin! We of course had a great time!

One of Trevor's very best friends opened a pumpkin patch right in the middle of town so went there to pick pumpkins. Little did we know he created an entire experience! 


 Cute little photo op with tractor and all!
I'm assuming farmers have a tough boy look on them because that's the face Big K chose to use for the picture!

 This my friend is called "Big Buddy". Since we are terrible parents and refuse our child the opportunity to grow up with a childhood pet, I'm assuming the pumpkin became his pet because that's how he treated it for the time being!

 On the hay ride! If you will notice in the bottom left of the picture my adorable purse. There is something VERY exciting coming up in the near future regarding this purse (or a purse very similar to it)..stay tuned :-)

The following sequence of pictures just cracks me up. Little K enjoyed the trailer full of pumpkins for about 2 seconds!



 You should be laughing hysterically about now!!!

 This is my little fireman at the Science Spectrum. That is such a cool place to visit in Lubbock!


 Hold on to your seats..I decided to get creative!! I'm guessing the lack of laundry to do, housework to accomplish and work items afforded me the opportunity to let the creative juices explode in my head. I was feeling so creative I even went to Wal-Mart and bought $100 worth of stuff to make these:


Unfortunately though, I got back to Dalhart and they are still sitting in the corner of my room! I really thought I could make some great money selling them because they are so darn cute!!


 We of course made our way to Cup of Yo. Our tradition...


 My lovely momma!! I bet you can't tell she's about to turn the big 5-0?!?!

 Don't be judging me right now. Beginning at the ripe age of 6 months old babies are allowed to have yogurt. It's great for their system (they didn't say what kind of yogurt and if it should have all of the extra added sugar or not)!!



Our last night there we ate at mine and Trevor's favorite place. I sent this picture to Trevor bragging about where I was eating. He replied back, "It's not as good as Pappadeaux."

I guess that's what I get for bragging. I love anything Pappas and was so jealous!!

I always love going to the big city because I feel like my kids get a taste of civilization but am always oh so happy to get back to our little town with some routine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment