Sunday, October 2, 2011

T Minus 1 Day

In exactly 1 day we will be having our home study completed by Deborah.


I have no idea why I am so nervous about this but I am! I think it's because if we happened to not pass the home study then we can't adopt. I guess it is a major deal :-) Supposedly she's just going to ask questions about our upbringing, relationships with our siblings and parents, see us interact with our kids and make sure our house is "child approved"! This is why we have spent the last 2 weeks working and majorly cleaning the house. I would suggest if you want something done by your hubby, just tell him you're having a home study done!

He's even vacuuming the fake flower pot. This was after he vacuumed every cob web out of all the corners in the house!

I on the other hand cleaned out closets and organized them because yes she does look so no hiding the skeletons in there!


Kid's bathroom BEFORE


BEFORE... For some reason seeing toilet paper grosses me out. I even try to hide it (as if you can) when going through Wal-Mart. It's like I don't want people to think I, well you know..

 AFTER (Darn you can still the paper...)


That's the medicine on top. Completely out of the reach of the kiddos. That's also my vegetable shakes I ordered a year ago. It lasted about a week. Too much work to get out the blender every morning! That's what reading blogs will do to you. You buy useless stuff :-)


Front closet. Look mom are you proud...I finally cleaned it out?!?!?! And yes this was the after picture. Can you imagine what the before picture looked like? It was one of those closets you were stuffing the thing in, trying to keep it in with your right hand and pushing it close with your bottom. Mom cleaned it out at Christmas this past year but unfortunately got a tad bit unorganized  filthy lived in within a few weeks!


We got the fireplace rock up and installed the new fireplace. We searched everywhere in our little town for a fire screen but had to settle on the "botanical" Wal-Mart special. Hopefully after the home study we can take it back ;-)
**Do you think the wires hanging out of the middle will be a safety hazard?!?!**

Fire extinguisher ready to go in the kitchen. As if I'm going to pull it out in case of fire. Yeah right...I'll be grabbing the kids and running out of the house screaming!


Outlet covers in!

After 2 weeks of exhausting work I think we are all ready to see if we're fit to have a child (well after we take the sheet rock off the porch, put up the 100 ft of water hose laying in the yard, pick up the power tools off the floor, and fix Big K's ceiling fan light since he's been without light for a week..but those are just minor things ;-)). Sorry Big K and Little K if we don't get approved. Your life is doomed!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I would have shown the before pictures hahahaha you and toilet paper hahahaha.. You will be fine like you said God has plans for you and Trevor he has already given you two precious children he won't deny you both "the forgotten child". Just be yourself and all will fall into place. I love you both very much.....

    ReplyDelete