Monday, October 31, 2011

Consistent Checking=Exhausting

Three weeks ago we had our home study evaluation completed. Since then I have checked this thing approximately 200 times a day.


As soon as I received an email I would open it with excitement to see if Deborah had sent our draft of the home study. Can I just tell you how exhausting it can get?!?!

Well last Wednesday we were sitting in the Mr. Gatti's parking lot meeting some friends for dinner and I received...Dun Dun Dun...


The e-mail!!! I stayed up super late that night reading through it and making small, very minor corrections! I sent it back to Deborah the following day for her to finalize it.

Saturday the mail came and I just leisurely went out to check it not expecting this...



Our final copy of the home study arrived and Deborah was so sweet to give me post-it note directions! I immediately called April, our case worker, and wanted to know exactly what to do. Thankfully I filled out the I600A like months ago so I just stuck it the envelope with a very big check (a check that covers fees just for them to simply review our paperwork and tell us if we're approved to bring in an immigrant)! So that envelope went in the mail today. Believe me, I would have done it Saturday but our very small town post office is closed then!

Now we will just await the letter in the mail from the Department of Homeland Security telling us when to be in Lubbock for our fingerprints! Then on to the dossier.

A HUGE prayer request for my prayer warriors. The very first pilot family for the Congo program for our adoption agency flew out over the weekend to Congo to attend their court date. The hearing is tomorrow (Tuesday, November 1). Our agency director and attorneys went with them. This is the first time any of them have been in Congo. Please pray that the court hearing goes smoothly and all transitions are made with such ease. Pray for safety since that is all of our biggest concerns! What's really exciting is this family went on the referral list in August and had their court date just 3 months later!! Oh how I'm praying we can get our little one that fast!

I just did a google synonym search for exhausted to see if there's a greater word, stronger meaning, more emphasis because that's the word I needed to describe how I'm going to feel the next 4-5 months of consistently checking my phone to see if we have received a picture of our little plus 1 but the only other words were pooped and dog-tired so I guess those will have to do!

Google Image Source

4 comments:

  1. right there with you! It's ridiculous the amount of times I have checked my email. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and low and behold- there it was. 1:40 a.m. the final approval of our homestudy and the email saying it was being sent off in the morning to the USCIS. FINALLY :) :) I might have shouted for joy had everyone else in the house not been fast asleep :) For now the paper chase has ended and we sit and wait. May the Lord strengthen our families for the journey ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran my phone battery dead refreshing my email so many times!
    I am so excited to hear how the first pilot family trip goes! We're in the first group of pilot families (we're in the 3-5 age range). I hope that our paperwork goes through as fast as theirs! (that's if we can ever send ours in!!)

    Did you get the email I sent you?? If not, my email is: mrs_knieper@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, sweet friend! Much Love and Prayers your way! cannot wait to hear about your little + one! Your entire family is a jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still trying to connect... I emailed you at the email provided by your comment on my blog, but haven't heard back. I know you are busy, but I want to make sure you got it and that you know that I'm not ignoring you!! If you didn't get my email, it's booksandchocolate@gmail.com.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete