Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Our Trip to Lubbock

A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to go to Lubbock to stay with my folks while Trevor had all of the gas lines replaced under the house. Needless to say the trip went as planned but the gas line replacement did not get done while we were gone. Therefore the clothes remained on my floor for yet another week! I think God was trying to teach me something..Maybe to remain in love at all times, or to have a little patience, or to count all things joy? I don't know but it didn't work ;-)

We slowly made our way to Lubbock and got there on Monday afternoon. That night we went and ate at Rib Crib then had oh so yummy yogurt at Cup of Yo. It is a tradition of our family's to visit the yogurt shop every time we come into town. Since Big K was 2 he has been saying, "Cup of yo!"


On Wednesday we were able to meet up with Jama and her kids Laiken and Westin. They have been our friends since we lived in Lubbock. Big K was only 2 months old when we left there so he really hasn't had the opportunity to play with the kids. That changed at Legacy Play Village! They had a great time running around and climbing up the big play area. We then went to the new Chick-Fil-A and oh was it yummy!!!



We spent everyday playing with his little buddy Gatlin. Which means I got to spend everyday with Jordan! I love hanging out with her because we're so much alike and have great fun. She just had Gentry. Very soon her and little K will be able to play! I'm so sad I don't have a picture of them. Luckily on Thursday we had a very good rain so we met up at the mall play area and played and ate at yet again, Chick-Fil-A (this was our 3rd trip there). By Saturday Big K told my parents, "No Chick-Fil-A, let's eat at Chicken Express!" What's the difference?!?! Our friends from Dalhart were actually in town so Big K was surprised when he got to play with Avery!
 Our tough face

Our sad face

Trevor and I were able to have a date night Friday night with 10 of our closets friends from Dalhart. They all came to Plainview for the Tim Hawkins comedy concert. We had the best time and laughed oh so hard!
If you look close, you'll maybe see him..Yeah we were that close..Not!


Nana and Papa were chosen as the lucky ones to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's while we were gone!!

Not only was I fortunate enough to have 1 date with my stud, but we had 2! Saturday afternoon my parents watched the kids so Trevor and I could go see:

 I would recommend this to both men and women. We loved it!

We then got to eat at the brand new...Can you guess it?!?!

CHIPOTLE!!! Oh was it a marvelous day!!

Right after our date, we had the dreaded family pictures with my brother and sister-in-law, us including a 3 year old and 6 month old who was ready for nap, and my parents. Surprisingly enough, they turned out awesome, the kids did amazing and no family feuds!!!
 





Oh how I love visiting Lubbock, and the places, and the eatery and my friends, but oh how I miss the simplicity of Dalhart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment