Thursday, September 8, 2011

Making Room...

It's amazing how the thought of adding 1 little person could change so much! Nah, really we've had plans to re-do our fireplace. I was just wanting to add rock but Trevor's been wanting to move the fireplace off the floor and add a hearth. Well, he got his way. But only because to pass our home study, we couldn't have a fireplace on the floor because a child could fall in it. Really...what are the chances of a child falling into the fireplace compared to the child hitting their eye, head, etc on the corners of the hearth?!?! But I am glad we decided to do it. It is looking very nice.


Unfortunately though, when we dug into the project last week, we found out our gas lines are aluminum. The gas eventually rots out the inside and will likely cause my house to blow up one day if it leaked! Since we don't want to take the chances of that happening, we're having to have all of our pipes replaced...this week! Therefore, the fireplace is at a standstill until the pipes get finished. And since the original fireplace was smaller and they discontinued making that size (of course) we had to make our closets a little smaller to fit the larger fireplace (as if I had tons of room to donate to the fireplace from my closet...) my room will continue to look like this until the gas pipes get done and we can dry wall the closets!!!!!!




Notice Big K thought he needed to be in the picture and yes those are Trevor's shoes..in our bathroom.

We have also upgraded our car from a tahoe to a suburban. We tried putting 3 car seats in the bench seat in the tahoe and it just wasn't happening. Plus I couldn't even fit my double jogging stroller in the back of the tahoe (I mean I wasn't complaining...it was a great excuse to not go jogging ;-)). Within 1 week we had some amazing friends buy my tahoe and I purchased a new one on my own. Try buying a vehicle while your husband was on a remote dirt bike trip in the mountains with no cell phone! It was one of the hardest things I've done! But it all worked out so perfectly. The suburban is the same year model as my tahoe and with 20,000 more miles but it does have 2nd row captain seats and works perfectly for our new family of 5. The Lord truly blessed us and lined everything up so perfectly! The only problem is, there's enough room for the stroller ;-)

Please continue to pray for me. 1. That I continue to remain joyful and remember that it is ALL WORTH IT and 2. That I don't kill my husband!!!

Hopefully finished photos will be coming in a VERY timely manner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment