Thursday, December 29, 2011

So Long

Wow I feel like I should re-introduce myself! Our names are Trevor and Tawny. We have 2 kids, a crazy life (especially during the holidays) and are in the process of adopting! ;-)

Last week we had a big snow storm/blizzard.
I made me a delicious, big cup of decaf coffee and sat down at the computer while kids were napping to write a blog post. The Internet was down. I called Internet company and they had a network outage due to the storm. They obviously had a hard time fixing it because they Internet has been down for 8 days now. When I checked it this morning, much to my surprise, it was working! Hallelujah!

I prayed for you during Christmas. I prayed that you experienced the Joy of the Lord in each of your households. I pray the time spent with family was a time filled with happiness and peace. I prayed that Jesus was celebrated because that's what the season is truly all about!

We had such a great time at each family's house! Thursday we took off and drove to my parent's in Lubbock. We ate at Outback. Which is a big deal. We talked while there about how it was a huge thing to go to Outback growing up, and even now! It was probably only my third or fourth time to go :-) Needless to say, we enjoyed every bit of our bloomin onion and steak! We then went and looked at Christmas lights and decorated cookies. Mom thought this would be a great tradition to start. As you can see in the picture she was no where to be found ;-)

 We did actually enjoy decorating and seeing every one's creative side!

The following are just some pictures of the day!

 My dad dancing with little K. Such a sweet time!

 Little Curly Sue!


Big brother was very anxious and so willing to help sister open her presents!

We left my parent's on Christmas Eve and ended up at Trevor's mom's house by that night. We love going up there because it's 30 miles from any civilization. It's always so relaxing and such a house filled with love! We opened presents Christmas morning and went sledding. This was Big K's first time and oh how much fun he had (we had a blast too)!


Kohen this is what you have to look forward to next Christmas. I know Big brother will be more than willing to show you how to do it!!

We finished up our Christmas last night at his dad's house in Boise City. Keldon got his John Deere bike and immediately took it for a test drive! Since the Allen cousin Christmas in Amarillo had to be cancelled, we had 100 lotto tickets to scratch (it's a tradition at that Christmas to get tickets from New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas)! About $40 was won!

Since we chose to not to do Christmas presents this year it was definitely less stressful and more relaxing!

Super exciting to know that by this time next year there will be one more in that picture with us!! Kohen baby, it's going to be a GREAT Christmas with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment