Wednesday, December 14, 2011

More Than Enough

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." Ephesians 3:20 

Last Monday morning I checked off the final step of our dossier to-do list: Contact Tonya before sending the dossier. Later that morning I received a reply back reminding me to put with our dossier, a $4500 check for the first part of our foreign fees. I read it in disbelief. I knew we had $11,000 in foreign fees coming up but I wasn't expecting it now or in such a large chunk. I called Trevor crying, wondering where in the world we were going to get that kind of money from. As of last Monday morning, we had only sold $110 worth of raffle tickets. I began to fill out paperwork to try and get the interest free adoption loan. A great friend of mine happened to call, not realizing she was going to have to do counseling and give a huge pep talk (if it wasn't for the fact that I knew, knew, knew in my knowings that we were called to adopt, I would have given up that day). She sweetly reminded me that the e-mail was no surprise to God. He's known all along. He's called us to adopt, He wasn't going to keep the tools away from us to accomplish His will. She began praising Him with me in advance for what He was going to do! My attitude changed. The kids and I put praise music on and we began thanking Him for the money.

I was very hesitant on doing the raffle fundraiser. I can't even ask my parents for $5.00, much less friends and family or better yet, strangers. But that was part of God's plan. That was a way He was going to get the funds to us that we needed to complete the next step of the adoption process. Starting Tuesday morning, raffle sales went crazy. It seemed as if anywhere I went I was getting money. I made three trips to the bank last week! As of Saturday afternoon, when the raffle came to an end, we were lacking $400 to send in our dossier. Sunday morning at church, we received a $500 check. God not only supplied the $4500 we needed, but He gave us an abundance.  I've gotten on my hands and knees and jumped around praising Him and thanking Him for accomplishing infinitely more than we could ask!

If you gave or prayed for this raffle, thank you for being a part of His plan. Long before this, He chose you to help bring our +1 home. We truly could not have done it without your obedience to His call! We appreciate and love you...

All glory and honor belong to Him!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Just recently, my husband and I have been overwhelmed by the unexpected ways God has been providing for our adoption. It seems like we have to face that moment where we are brought to our knees when we realize He is all we have (and all we need) before He can really rock our world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I think posting about the financial part can be so hard. It just isn't comfortable for me. I don't want to have to ask others to help, but we have to. I love reminders that He knows our account balance and He will provide the way. It is so encouraging to hear of others being abundantly blessed. We'll be keeping you in our prayers!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete