Friday, October 12, 2012

United Airlines Need Prayer

Flying out of Amarillo via Southwest was a breeze. We showed up 45 minutes before our fly was due to leave. The amazing crew waived the baggage fee for our 250 lbs worth of luggage and did it with an encouraging smile!

Fast forward an hour to Denver International. Upon waiting 30 minutes in the check-in to recheck all of our luggage, the guy tells us that if we want to check them it's $200/bag. I say very sweetly that it's for humanitarian purposes and will all be donated to the orphanages in Africa. He says I need to remove the items to get to at least 53 lbs and throw them away. I begin taking out diapers and coloring books trying to holdback tears. We put it on the scale and were at 60 lbs. He says remove more. I open the suitcase with tears in my eyes and say, "These kids in Africa need this stuff. I can't do it!" As much as I hated to give this company $200 to get the donations there, I couldn't stand to throw more away! Thankful that we can now replace all I had to trash in Congo and support their local economy!
3 hour wait we go. Pray oh pray our standby on the 12:30 flight gets accepted so we can get to Washington DC earlier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment