Sunday, October 7, 2012

Our Last Trip of 4

As I was driving to Lubbock Friday morning, the kids screaming in the back...just 30 minutes down the road and still 2.5 more hours to go, I yelled out, "This will be our last trip I make by myself!" But then I sadly thought, "This will probably be our last trip I do indeed make by myself for quite sometime." I have no idea how life will be with 3 kids all under the age of 4, and one of those struggling with accepting me as a mom and little K as a sister and big K as a brother. I do know that God has ordained this adoption and has a plan for peace and acceptance of love!

Our last trip to Lubbock as a family of 4 was filled with lots of fun!

Friday night my parents took us to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, Cancun. I had to take a picture and brag to Trevor since it is his favorite place :-)

 
My amazing dad volunteered to watch the kids so my mom and I could go to Wal-Mart to buy everything we needed to survive in Africa for 4 days! We had the best 2.5 hours in WalleyWorld! Mom and I do not get to spend much time just the 2 of us so I very much cherished the time together.
 


 
It was quite funny as we were checking out my dad calls and says, "Tawny you need to just come home and put sissy to bed then go finish, she's very cranky." "Yes dad I know. That means she's ready for bed. She only had an hour nap today. All you do is put milk in her cup, rock her for a minute then lay her down and walk out of the room." "But Tawn Tawn I scared." "Dad just try it. We're headed home if it doesn't work." Ten minutes later he calls, "Success, it worked! Stay as long as you want!" I had no doubt it wouldn't...I just love him!
 

Yeah I about freaked out too when I had to pay that price! But it's well worth it for the Ramen noodles, shower shoes, pomade and sleep cap!

The next morning my sis-in-law Megan, my mom and I woke up early to go walk in at the Susan G. Komen breast cancer awareness walk in the 30 degree weather for my mom's best friend, Kelly.


It brought tears to my eyes seeing Kelly all dressed in pink with the biggest, beautiful smile on her face. Her determination and strength through the whole process is one that I will always admire! We give God all glory for His healing for Kelly's girls! A shirt we saw that morning: Yeah these are fake. My real ones tried killing me :-)

Kelly with her 2 girls and precious grandkids!
 
Since my brother was watching my 2 kids and having a man play date with his brother-in-law and his 2 kids, us girls decided to head to the one and only Starbucks! There's nothing better than a good, ole' Pumpkin Spice Latte to bring such joy to your life. Well besides your kids giving you the biggest hug and kiss and saying I love you. And your hubby spanking you on the behind and telling you how sexy you look. Oh yeah, and picking up your son in Africa after 9 months of praying over his picture EVERY day. Well and Jesus! But besides that, that darn coffee after being in the cold for 2 hours comes close!



 
Trevor then arrived with 4 of our friends from Dalhart and we all met at the Pumpkin Patch. We were saving the Pumpkin Patch trip for when Khristian got here but since we won't make it back down to Lubbock before Trevor's best friend, Josh closes his patch, we decided to take a short trip with the kids.
 
 
 


It's only lunchtime and I feel like I've already saved the world but much more fun to have! Stupid us, took our 4 OU loving friends with us to the game. Needless to say, Tech was such a disappointment and we left during the 3rd quarter!
 




 
 
 
This is always one of our most favorite parts of game day, but on a day we lose by 30 points, this was definitely the best part of the whole game!
 
In 4 short weeks we will make the trip back to Lubbock for the UT game. This time not as a family of 4, but as a family of 5! Oh I cannot wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment