Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Sweetest Thing

Go with me here...I'm in Amarillo, an hour and a half away from my 2 precious babies, in a very important meeting, and I get a phone call from Brother K's school teacher. I immediately think the worse and begin to panic because Trevor is on his way to San Antonio and I'm so far away.

"Mrs. LuAnn, is everything ok?" She says, "Oh sweetie I'm so sorry I made you worry (she is the most precious thing on this earth). I just had to call and tell you the sweetest thing before I forgot. Today I was teaching the kids the letter "O". I told them "oxygen" started with "O" and then K asked what oxygen was. So I explained to him that it's in the blood in our body and helps us breathe, etc. Well he then says but the blood comes from the heart so does the oxygen? No you're right K the blood is in your heart. So K replies with, "Jesus lives there too.""

The things we teach our children do actually stick, believe it or not. It truly blessed me because we're always asking K where Jesus lives and he says, "In my heart." I want him to know that Jesus hasn't left him. He is with him at all times: the scary, the happy, the sad, the confused, and even the fit throwing times. I just loved how he knew it even out of context.

Another memory to cherish...

No comments:

Post a Comment