Friday, January 6, 2012

Big K's Prayer at the Dinner Table

When we sit down to eat and bless the food, we don't let Big K say a memorized prayer. We want him to speak to God from the heart. Have a conversation with Him. Know how great of a privilege it is to talk with Him. Truly give thanks.

This was his prayer last night, "Dear God. Thank you for our food. Thank you for all of the poor people in the world. Thank you for mommy and daddy. And thank you for safe travel for mommy and daddy to go get Kohen and bring him home. I love him so much. And thank you for Jesus. AMEN (Amen is sort of loud..he's ready to eat)! Trevor and I just looked at each other, I with a tear in my eye, and smiled. Kohen, know you are being prayed for even before we know what you look like. You are being prayed for by your big brother and oh how he loves you. You are constantly on our mind! We love you...

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment